Our health and safety protocols
The coronavirus outbreak has affected all of us in different ways, especially for those who have had to cancel or adjust sometimes long-awaited vacations. As we now try to move forward towards some sense of normalcy, we at Explorer´s Inn understand the need for safety when it comes to your health as well as your investment in future travel plans.
One thing that our programs already offer is isolation. In our remote yet accessible 105 -hectare private reserve our guests have minimal contact with other people. This has always been essential in order to appreciate the hidden wonders of the rainforest, and our excursion groups have always been kept small – to a maximum of 6 people. Thus, providing personalized service while avoiding larger gatherings. With such extensive natural areas to explore, and private, comfortable accommodations back at the Lodge, social distancing is impossible to avoid here.
We already take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene at Explorer´s Inn. However, given the effects of COVID-19, we have taken additional measures to make your stay with us as safe as possible.
Activities and other services
- During the welcome briefing we will inform all incoming guests of our current health and safety measures.
- QR codes will be used to inform about services and activities in order to reduce the use and handing of printed material.
- Explorer´s Inn exclusive attractions, such as the Tower, will operate on a private basis for only one group at a time. Our guides will take extra care to schedule this in advance to be sure that groups will not inadvertently meet in the same place.
- All common areas will be continuously throughout the day.
- Shared paper implements such as writing pads and guest directories will be removed from the rooms.
- All meals will be offered in our new spacious open-air restaurant and Bar. Both offer generous social distancing, even more at a reduced capacity.
- We have increased the number hand sanitizing station.
- All rooms will be deeply disinfected daily.
Masks and Other Protective Equipment
- With social distancing measures and private services in place we will try to minimize the use of face coverings. However, during certain situations, their use will be mandatory, so guests are advised to bring them.
- Our employees will wear face masks at all times.
Our Lodge Team:
- Before the re-opening, Covid-19 tests will be conducted on all employees to increase the safety of both our staff and guests.
- All staff will receive ongoing training in enhanced team member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment.
- Explorer´s Inn will follow the emergency and Covid-19 protocols from the Peruvian Ministry of Health if we are ever alerted to a case of coronavirus at the Lodge.